Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Observational Drawing-week 3

Google classroom- 
7th and 8th Gallery shared with parents/ guardians 
Parents' feedback:
It was very exciting to see such a fantastic job kids have done. It was beautiful, educational, honest and diverse. I was impressed how well kids can describe their own artwork. It's interesting to me to get to know a bit of what inspires and motivates them. It gives us a whole new perspective and meaning to what we see as their artistic expression. Absolutely loved it. ❤

One Point Perspective Name Gallery

Discuss the following Essential questions: 
1. Why is drawing from direct observation so different than drawing from a photograph?
2. What is an image? How to draw?

3. How can I improve my still life drawing?

Studio 1: 
colored pencil technique Overlapping circles Studio 2:
1. Pencil drawing- overlapping pumpkin and gourd
2. Composition Check
3. What is shading: highlight and shadow 

Observational drawing
Assignment 1- create a google slide
Cover slide: 
Observational Drawing +First name + Last Name initial.
Save in this title:
Observational Drawing+ First and last name initial.
Slide 1. One picture of pencil drawing with shading.
Slide 2. One picture of observation drawing with color: oil pastels.
Slide 3: 
Conclusion:
1. What was good? 
2. How could I improve? 
3. What are the new things/feelings I discovered about myself through this project?  
4. Have I tried my best effort to create a positive learning environment for everyone in this classroom?